Thursday, May 21, 2009

Here we go again

Human nature is something else. We are all different and we make totally different t decisions every day. Some we regret some we just live with and some we even can reverse sometimes. I have made plenty I regret most I can not redo ever. Some I work on to rectify now. Some 20 years ago in my “middle age” I started a business big time under funded as usual for a start up adventure. It was way more successful then I or anyone else anticipated. So money was quick becoming an issue. Meeting payroll that is. And of course collections. I sometimes needed to use money from my personal account to supplement the payroll account. Which got me in trouble a few times, meaning that action resulted in bounced checks on my personal account. Which I took care of most of the time however sometimes it took me all the way to a magistrate office to be reminded to take care of it..

All this took part in the Mid 80’s No big deal I thought, all taken care off. Some checks were like for $3.85 in the end costing me over $50.00. During the second term of the Reagan administration the Amnesty Bill was introduced and both my wife and I applied. My application was denied on the grounds that I had 3 or more misdemeanors on my record, regardless of their disposition. So I got myself an attorney who for one reason or another got me a pardon and expunge of some of them. And appealed the decision. I am aware of the appeal however for some reason unknown to me I was not aware of the outcome. Next thing I remember is getting a Voter registration card in the mail. Thank you whoever.

Fast Forward to 2008

After an accident in 2004 and 4 years of treatment I was finally declared to be disabled.

Filling out the paperwork for disability was not that easy and of course the social security administration denied the claim at first. So I appealed and won. Cool. Right? Well when it came to calculating my benefit we run into a little snag. It seemed that my legal status was sort off “pending” which translated into me not getting ANY benefits. So I instigated to receive a request of all my paperwork relation to my immigration status under FOI. Easy enough right you read that newspaper always get whatt they need and rather quickly before the story gets cold. Apparently in my case there is no story so FOI took their sweet time to find the 107 pages relating to my case some 18 month actually. I requested it to be send to me on CD just to save a tree or 2 and make it easier to duplicate. Well I got pages some even blank with nothing on it. So now I am back to square one. I need to find an attorney who will first of all remove the rest of the misdemeanors from my record. Then reapply for residency. Remuneration? A share of the 21,000.00 the Social Security Administration owes me in back pay as of right now. Any Takers?

No comments: